While I’d LOVE to justify my absence with my nonfiction book, or dazzle you with the harried life of a mom of four children and toss in our move to Tennessee to garner a little sympathy…
I just can’t.
For the sake of being transparent, I’ve been avoiding this sweet spot on the web.
- Once I realized three of you were actually reading what I wrote, I choked. It’s easier to write books, because I can put down words and send them off to a publisher. My readers don’t interact with me through a book like they do on a website or with social media.
- I was convinced I had nothing to say that mattered anymore. Have you felt like this? You begin to look around and think there’s so much noise out there that your message couldn’t possibly be valuable. (It does matter, by the way, and it is important! VERY IMPORTANT)
- I’m not twenty-one years old and I rarely ever take selfies and I don’t eat many pink cupcakes.
- I’ve been distracted and disobedient. Have you ever noticed that Christian women love to share a “word” of scripture God gives them when it’s encouraging or positive? Maybe it’s a verse on faith or forgiveness, but rarely will someone admit they’ve been hearing God tell them they’ve been lazy or left their first love. My message from God lately has been “RETURN”. If I’m getting that message it means I’m farther away from Him than He’d like. (I already knew I was lazy.)
It’s time I return.
“Yet even now,” declares the LORD, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning. Joel 2:12
As much as I’d LOVE to make this online space all about one or two things and focus on “platform” or “branding” or a “formula” I’ve come to realize that couldn’t be less of who I am. Yes, I want to connect with women, but I believe that comes from being transparent first.
Some days I want to write about baking, or a DIY project, or how I struggle with failing my kids or my husband, or the reasons why I LOVE cheesecake and why my dislike for cleaning the house is almost as extremely polar opposite as my extreme patriotism. I want to know my handful of readers and I want you to know me. As a matter of fact, I’d like to highlight YOU and YOUR life here. Throughout it all –Jesus is the iron thread weaving together all the pieces of my life–I hope you’ll come along for the ride.
- When was the last time you were transparent with someone?
- What are some of YOUR likes or dislikes?
- Are you a writer? If you have a blog/website share it in the comments!
- If you don’t have your own website but did, what would you MAKE SURE you wrote about?